Narkel Sandesh or Sondesh is a traditional Bengali Sandesh recipe or sweet recipe. This Coconut Fudge or Barfi, usually prepared during the festive season. This Diwali You can prepare the dish and store in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
- 15-20 pistachios
- 15-20 raisins
- ¼ tsp Ghee
- In a heavy duty pan, add the desiccated coconut, coconut cream and milk give a good stir.
- Set the pan over high heat and let the mixture comes up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 5 -6 minutes.
- Add Sugar and keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved
- Next, add condensed milk and over medium-low heat continue cooking for about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add cardamom powder, increase the heat to medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickened up and form a dough.
- Remove from heat.
- Apply little bit Ghee on a plate and transfer and spread the mixture on the prepared plate and allow it to set before cutting into your desired shape.