Bhapa Doi or steamed sweet yoghurt is a traditional Bengali dessert, very simple to make and require few basic pantry items; if you love pudding kind of desserts and don’t want to use any gelling agent or thickener, you will love this.
- 2 ½ cup ( 500 gm) Unflavoured Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (200gm) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 10 -12 Pistachios ( Chopped)
- 8-10 Cashew (Chopped)
- 15 -20 Raisin
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Preheat your oven at 180 C
- Add yoghurt and Condensed milk In a Mixing mug, whisk well to get a creamy texture.
- Add remaining ingredients except for Pistachios; give a good mix with a spatula.
- Pour hot water into a roasting pan or baking pan.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof tart pan or ramekins and garnish with Pistachios.
- Cover the pan with foil so that steam cannot escape, place it in roasting pan which filled with the hot water.
- Reduce the heat of oven into 140 C, place the roasting pan into the oven for 20 minutes,
- Turn off the heat after 20 minutes and keep it inside to the oven for another 10 minutes (not more than that, otherwise Yogurt will release water).
- Bring it out from oven and allow to set it in room temperature.
- Put the dish into the refrigerator, at least for 2 hours. (for best result keep it for overnight)